If you are one of the many individuals in this country not receiving the child support that is due to you and you are struggling to make a decent living for yourself and your children as a result of this issue, conducting an asset search on the obligor or deadbeat parent is the first place to start. With the economy at a low point, and the cost of living at a high point, it has become extremely difficult for many people, especially a single parent, to remain financially stable in this country. This is particularly true when the single parent has an ex-husband or wife that is not fulfilling his or her child support obligation. It is not uncommon for a parent to escape this responsibility. Some skip payments for weeks or months at a time, and others don’t pay at all, which forces the other parent to spend more money on attorney’s fees to file a Contempt Complaint or other related lawsuit. By conducting an asset search, you can potentially “reach and apply” assets, which will allow you to recover the funds that are due to you. An asset search will also give you valuable information that can help you decide whether or not to limit legal fees spent with your collections action. If your spouse does not have assets, you and your attorney may want to minimize your collections effort. The best part is that conducting an asset search is quick and simple. Very little information must be provided to an asset search company. For example, at Asset Searches Plus, Inc., all that is needed is the subject’s name and last known address. For additional information, please contact us at 1(800)290-1012, or at edamaral@assetsearchesplus.com or www.assetsearchesplus.com.